How to contact us
About this policy
First Copy Corporation Ltd is committed to protecting your privacy.
[FCC Innovation is a trading name of First Copy Corporation Ltd (hereafter First Copy), and between 2018 and 2022, our office services division had a separate website, fccinnovation.co.uk. In 2023, the brands were re-united as First Copy with a single website: firstcopy.co.uk.]
Who is the Data Controller?
First Copy Corporation Ltd is the data controller. Our Registered Office is 187 High Street, Bottisham, Cambridge, CB25 9BB. Telephone 01223 811311.
What data do we collect?
We may collect your name, business address, business telephone number, business email address, purchase history (including financial details) and communication records.
First Copy does not intentionally market to children under 18 years of age, nor do we structure any part of our website to attract anybody under that age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18.
How do we collect data?
We collect data in the following ways:
- During face-to-face meetings and telephone/video conversations, through email, letters and written communications, including on receipt of a business card.
- When you sign a contract with us. This includes machine purchase, service, and finance contracts.
- When you fill in a website form (e.g., subscribing to a newsletter, responding to a survey, filling out a form, adding a comment or using live chat) or otherwise voluntarily enter information within our site.
- When you interact with our other digital channels, e.g., email newsletters and social feeds such as LinkedIn.
- Cookies – see below.
Why do we collect data?
We collect data to service your contract with us and update you about new products and services that may interest you.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
- To record interactions with current, prospective and past customers and suppliers.
- To provide the services you have purchased.
- To improve our website to serve you better.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products.
- To personalise your experience and allow us to deliver the types of content and product offerings you are most interested in.
- To keep you updated with news about First Copy or our products and services. If you are in regular contact with us about a product or service, we may add you to our newsletter list under legitimate interest. If you speak to one of our consultants and verbally agree to receive marketing, we may also add you to our newsletter list. You can unsubscribe at any time. Simply submitting an enquiry via a web form or downloading a gated asset does not mean we will add your details to our marketing lists unless you check the consent box asking us to add you. Again, you can unsubscribe at any time if you do subscribe.
Who do we share data with?
- If you become a customer, as a partner of Xerox, we share data to fulfil our contract with you. We may also share data with other trusted partners for the same purpose.
- We share limited amounts of anonymised data with The Channel Co (formerly bChannels), who work on behalf of Xerox. They may use our data to ensure you are not contacted during external marketing campaigns if you are already a customer.
- Data is shared internally with Management, Employees and Temporary Staff of First Copy.
- If you consent to relevant cookies, your website use will be tracked by Google Analytics. This allows us to see which content is most interesting to our website users. We do not use Google Analytics to identify you individually, only to learn about usage trends.
- If you consent to relevant advertising cookies, you may see advertisements for First Copy elsewhere on the web due to our remarketing activity with Google Ads. From March 2024, we will also ensure that we meet the criteria under the new Google EEA end-user consent signals. We only receive anonymised data from Google about interactions with these advertisements.
- HubSpot provides us with our CRM. If you consent to relevant advertising cookies and HubSpot recognises your IP address as a business, then the name of your business may be available to us. Sometimes, we call organisations identified in this way to see whether we can help you.
- If you consent to relevant third-party cookies, YouTube, X, Pinterest, and LinkedIn may track your usage of videos and embedded content on the site to optimise and personalise your interaction with their content elsewhere around the web. Youtube: https://policies.google.com/privacy LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy Pinterest: https://policy.pinterest.com/en-gb/privacy-policy X (Twitter): https://twitter.com/en/privacy
- Our website is managed in-house and hosted on WordPress with Elementor Pro web builder.
- We use Hubspot to manage our mailing lists and social posting, too. For further information, visit https://legal.hubspot.com/product-privacy-policy
- We may need to share anonymised data with other parties who assist us with operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users. Examples include working with Xerox partners on marketing activities and sharing web visitor numbers with charity projects we support.
- Should we need to support you with particular software, services or devices, we may need to share your details with a trusted partner to provide you with the best service. This may include (but is not limited to) Xerox, Duplo, XMPie, Plockmatic Group (Morgana), Selectec, Postworks, Antalis, and PaperCut. We will tell you in advance that we plan to do this.
- We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property or safety.
- We do not sell or trade data to outside parties.
What lawful basis do we use for collecting data?
Data collected about current customers is on a contractual basis.
Data collected about past and prospective customers is based on legitimate interest or consent (sometimes both).
The legitimate interest is the necessary recording of data to enable First Copy to contact you with information about our services. All data is collected in relation to a Business-to-Business interest in document management or production equipment and solutions. A Legitimate Interest Assessment has been carried out.
The right to object
Under GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data.
- You have a right to access any personal data we hold. Identification checks will be carried out. We will respond to your request within one calendar month.
- You have a right to correct any errors in the personal data we hold.
- You have the right to request the removal of your personal data from our systems. We will assess any requests received and respond within one calendar month.
Please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org or First Copy, 187 High Street, Bottisham, Cambridge, CB25 9BB, with any requests.
If, for any reason, you believe your personal data has been mishandled, you have the right to inform the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), with whom we are registered.
Data retention/destruction policy
We only keep personal data as long as necessary; timescales vary based on the purpose of the data. Retention policies are regularly reviewed and updated.
How do we protect your information?
- Our website is mainly for providing articles and information. We never ask for credit card numbers.
- Your personal information, where voluntarily supplied, is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible to a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and who are required (and contracted) to keep the information confidential. In addition, the information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
- Databases where personal data is stored are password-protected, allowing access only to authorised personnel.
- All signed contracts, including finance, are kept in secure cabinets if hard copies are made. Most contracts are now signed electronically using DocuSign.
However, we will not use non-essential cookies unless consent is given by clicking the ‘Accept’ button on the pop-up banner that appears when you access our website.
If you are unhappy with any of our cookies, you are free to turn off the cookie types that you don’t want us to use during your visit. Click ‘Accept’ after making your choices and continue your visit without them. You can change your mind about accepting some or all cookies at any time by clicking ‘Manage Consent’ at the bottom of the screen. This recalls the cookie banner and allows you to adjust your settings. When you click ‘Accept’, the page will refresh, and the new settings will apply from that point on.
Only strictly necessary cookies will load until you click ‘Accept’ on our cookie preferences banner. The necessary cookies are almost exclusively those that remember your cookie preferences – we split our cookies into additional categories, including advertisement, analytics, functional, and performance cookies, all of which you can switch on and off.
If you accept all cookies (or the relevant categories), a number of additional cookies will load, and a small number of scripts that place further cookies on your browser will be triggered. All the known cookies on our website are listed within our banner, which acts as our cookie notice and consent settings in one. Depending on your browser and wider privacy settings, some cookies will already be blocked regardless of your cookie banner choices.
If functional cookies are not accepted, your browsing experience may be affected. For example, some functional cookies enable the smooth running of videos or prevent constant loops where redirects are in place.
Access our full cookie notice and settings by clicking the ‘Manage Consent’ link above the footer on any page of our website.