Keep your data safe with the most secure document solutions and devices.
How to Secure Documents
Let us help you find the best fit of software and services to keep your files safe.
Benefits of Document Security
Key Document Security Topics
Ensure peace of mind with secure solutions and services from Xerox and truster partners.
Document Security FAQ
Safeguarding your sensitive documents is crucial. First Copy offers a diverse selection of Xerox printers and multifunction printers (MFPs) that are equipped with market-leading security features. These advanced measures guarantee the confidentiality and integrity of your valuable information.
Our range of Xerox printers provides robust document security solutions that adhere to the highest industry standards. By relying on First Copy, you get the best of both worlds: the exceptional capabilities of Xerox printers and the support of our team.
First Copy’s team is experienced at working in a range of environments from schools to oil rigs, and with setups across cloud and on-premises architecture. We can support you if you need authentication by PIN, swipe card or fingerprint, and can offer touchless solutions and services.
These days document security is far more than print. You can talk to us about content management, email encryption, document redaction, secure file transformations and much more.
Document security is vital to maintain the confidentiality and integrity of personal or business-sensitive information.
By implementing robust security measures you can prevent unauthorised access to your data, mitigate the risk of leaks and breaches, and protect your organisation’s reputation.
It’s all too easy to think about security of your IT network and forget your printers. Let us help you (or your IT company) make sure that doesn’t happen.
Xerox is committed to delivering the highest level of advanced document security features. Their MFPs incorporate cutting-edge technologies, including user authentication, encryption, access controls, and secure print release. These features work seamlessly together to offer you industry-leading security through a four pillar approach: Prevent, Detect, Protect with Partnerships (from security leaders like Trellix).
Xerox MFPs and accompanying solutions offer advanced audit capabilities. You business can monitor print from a dashboard, and even be alerted automatically if protected documents are printed.
By accessing logs of printing, scanning, and copying activities, your team can promote accountability as well as identify potential breaches or incorrect use of information.
Here are some of the most common document security threats that First Copy can help you address with modern print devices and solutions.
1. Unauthorised access to physical documents: Protecting physical documents from unauthorised individuals is essential. Whether it’s a prying eye, a disgruntled employee, or an outsider with ill intentions, limiting access to confidential papers is key to maintaining their security.
2. Data breaches: data breaches pose a significant risk. Cybercriminals are relentless in their efforts to exploit vulnerabilities and gain unauthorised access to your digital records. Such breaches can lead to financial loss, reputational damage, and even legal consequences.
3. Hacking attempts: Hackers employ sophisticated techniques to breach your digital defences. They exploit weaknesses in your systems, such as outdated software or weak passwords, to gain entry. Once inside, they can steal or manipulate your sensitive documents, causing significant financial harm.
4. Malware or ransomware attacks: Malicious software, including viruses and ransomware, can wreak havoc on your document security. These malicious programs can infect your devices, making files inaccessible or holding them hostage until a ransom is paid. Implementing robust antivirus measures is crucial to prevent such attacks.
5. Phishing scams: Phishing scams target unsuspecting individuals through deceptive emails, messages, or websites. They aim to trick you into revealing personal information or login credentials. Falling victim to a phishing scam can compromise the security of your documents and expose you to identity theft.
6. Document forgery: Fraudsters can forge official documents with advanced technology, posing a significant threat to document integrity. These forged documents can lead to financial fraud, identity theft, or the dissemination of false information. Verifying the authenticity of important documents is essential to protect against this threat.
7. Insider threats: Sadly, sometimes, the greatest risks come from within your organisation. Employees or insiders with access to sensitive documents may misuse their privileges or unintentionally compromise security. Establishing strict access controls and implementing proper employee training can help mitigate this risk.
By understanding these document security threats, you can take proactive steps to safeguard your confidential information. Implementing robust security measures, such as encryption, strong passwords, and up-to-date antivirus software, can significantly enhance your document security. Regular employee training on best practices and staying vigilant against emerging threats are also vital for maintaining a secure environment. Look for Zero Trust policies and manufacturers with external partnerships with security leaders.
Remember, document security is an ongoing process. Stay informed about the latest security practices and adapt your strategies accordingly. By prioritising document security, you can protect your valuable information and ensure the privacy and integrity of your documents.
Absolutely! Xerox printers are designed to meet stringent compliance standards. They can handle sensitive data in accordance with industry regulations and data protection laws.
For example, the Xerox AltaLink series has been awarded Common Criteria Certification by NIAP.
Xerox production printers offer a range of specialty security features designed to protect against document forgery when paired with Xerox FreeFlow VI Suite. By utilising these features, you can add additional layers of protection to your printed documents, making it more challenging for counterfeiters to forge or tamper with them.
Recent Posts About Security
Ask for a quote today
Our specialists are standing by to help you understand your options.
Fill in this form, or call us on 01223 811805.