First Copy is committed to protecting the privacy of our website visitors.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website?
If you sign up to our newsletter we collect your first and surnames and email address which is used only to send you email newsletters and relevant marketing directly from us. We use Google Analytics, AdWords and AdSense for monitoring and marketing purposes.
When do we collect information?
We collect personal information from you when you register on our site (eg subscribing to a newsletter, responding to a survey, filling out a form, adding a comment or using live chat) or otherwise voluntarily enter information on our site. We do not capture this data through general access to the site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalise your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products.
- To send you emails with news about First Copy, or about products and services (if you ‘opt in’ – you can also ‘opt out’ at any time).
How do we protect your information?
Our website is largely for providing articles and information and we never ask for credit card numbers.
Your personal information, where voluntarily supplied, is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
Do we use 'cookies'?
• Understand and save user's preferences for future visits.
• Keep track of advertisements.
• Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser's Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer data to outside parties unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. This may include trusted partners of First Copy for a specific function, for example, support with a partner’s product. We may also release information when it's release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property or safety.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. Third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by Google's Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
• Remarketing with Google AdSense
• Google Display Network Impression Reporting
• Demographics and Interests Reporting
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page or through Ad Settings for mobile apps. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
Find Google Analytics' currently available opt-outs for the web.
You can change your personal information:
• By emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• By calling us on 01223 811311
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to enquiries, and/or other requests or questions
• Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred. Marketing email contains a clear ‘Unsubscribe’ option and you will not be added to the list without ‘opting in’ from May 2018.
We agree to:
• Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
• Identify the message as an advertisement or newsletter in some reasonable way.
• Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
• Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Honour opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
First Copy does not market to children under 18 years of age, and nor do we structure any part of our website to attract anybody under that age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18.
187 High Street
Last edited 16-02-2018