Looking to onboard a sustainable digital press? Here are some reasons you should consider a Xerox Iridesse:
1. Six colours in a single pass. Passing your print through the press just once means additional toner effects and tighter registration. It also means a more efficient workflow: less energy consumption and fewer wasted prints.
2. Those toners, even the metallic ones, gained a perfect deinkability score, making the prints that come off an Iridesse eminently recyclable and more sustainable.
3. EA toners contribute fewer carbon emissions than conventional toners. What’s more, they are safety approved with no petroleum distillates and do not add to VOC emissions. Iridesse prints can be used on non-food contact sides of packaging.
4. Moreover, a closed-loop recycling system through the Xerox Green World Alliance means thousands of tonnes of toners have avoided landfill.
5. Designed with energy-saving features from the word go, the Iridesse comes with a much lower electricity bill than a larger press such as the iGen or an older press that met less stringent standards. (That said, depending on the application, a different press may still be the better choice. We’re happy to advise!)
STOP PRESS! A few days after we published this blog post, Xerox announced that the Iridesse has achieved ENERGY STAR certification. More details in our news article.
6. The Xerox Iridesse’s level of Automated Intelligence (AI) is such that it only engages the components and resources needed to do a particular job, saving energy consumption by parts not in use.
7. The Xerox Iridesse is built to be super-efficient with ink as well as power. Less toner usage for a similar (or even better!) effect means using fewer resources and getting more value from your investment.
8. Even the parts inside an Iridesse are designed and built to ensure emissions are kept well below regulatory requirements and with end-of-life (EOL) recyclability in mind. Materials are also assessed to other strict criteria. For example, to use recycled plastic instead of single-use where possible and to reduce weight (and therefore emissions created by distribution). Xerox state that more than 90% of the weight of equipment within an Iridesse can be recycled or reused.
9. For the ultimate in print room efficiency, team the Iridesse with vacuum trays, FreeFlow Core, XMPie, PredictPrint Media Manager and inline finishing and stacking. Each additional efficiency reduces manual steps, downtime and wastage; you can personalise embellished print all in one end-to-end process without additional pieces of kit consuming power.
10. With an extensive approved substrate list (that continues to grow), you can use the most environmentally responsible stocks from recycled sources or managed forests that carry FSC certifications.
11. Xerox platforms are designed to grow and evolve over time – this protects your investment for years to come and extends the equipment’s lifespan by enabling new configurations and upgrades instead of disposal and replacement.
12. Xerox itself works very hard to improve its carbon footprint and environmental policies. In our recent article, we wrote about how Xerox is investing in Cleantech, remote servicing with CareAR, ESG policies and how the company has fast-forwarded its Net Zero goal.
13. On First Copy’s part, we will plant 100 trees through our partnership with Ecologi when you install an Iridesse with us. Since January 2022, we have planted more than 4000 trees.